With the ever-changing nature of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Australia, St. John’s has implemented and is continuing to implement a number of hygiene measures at our various gatherings.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the narthex. We encourage people to use this as they come in to services and programs.
- Communion will be offered in one kind only – the bread. For the time-being, there is no distribution of wine.
- Clergy distributing the bread will use hand sanitiser.
- At the Greeting of the Peace, please do not shake hands but share the words of the greeting of peace.
- You will notice posters in various places around St. John’s regarding how to reduce risk of coronavirus. These posters have been provided by the Department of Human Services.
- There is an increased level of cleaning by the cleaners employed by St. John’s.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to church services.
Please hold in your prayers all those impacted around the world by this disease. We also hold in our prayers medicos and all who exercise authority and leadership in responding to COVID-19 and are establishing guidelines for communities.
The Revd. Dr. Peter French